With 2016 quickly coming to a close, I figured now would be a great time to look at my 2016 and some of the goals/challenges I have set for myself for 2017.
Highlights of 2016
- I started this blog: I’ve met some amazing people and actually developed a hobby that I love.
- I read 116 books this year with a total of 38,188 pages. Not too shabby!
- I got to interact with some of my favourite authors (and totally fan-girl over them..don’t worry people, I kept my cool….)
- I hit 1000 followers on Instagram and had my first giveaway (it is running until December 30, so if you haven’t entered, you still have time! You can find me on Instagram here.)
2017 Goals/Things I Am Looking Forward to in 2017
- Get on an auto-approve list on Netgalley
- Participate in more blog tours
- Team up with more bloggers for guest posts
- Complete a bookstagram photo challenge
- participate in a monthly buddy read (more on that to come soon!)
2017 Reading Challenges
I am extremely competitive, and a little bit of an overachiever so I am taking my 2017 challenges very seriously!
I am taking part in the Beat the Backlist Challenge and the Edelweiss/Netgalley Challenge.
Welcome to the fourth annual Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge!
Emily at Falling for YA created this challenge and passed it onto @ Bookish Things & More.
Have you ever logged on to Edelweiss or Netgalley with the intention of “Just Looking” and then logged off having requested 5 new titles even though your TBR is a mile long? This challenge will (hopefully) give you the incentive to tackle your review books, stumble upon new ones, and get your Netgalley percentage to the desired 80%!
- The challenge will run from Jan 1, 2017 – Dec 31, 2017.
- Anyone is welcome to join. You do not need to be a blogger, just post your reviews and come back every month to link them up.
- Any genre, release date, request date, length, etc. counts so long as it came from Edelweiss or Netgalley.
- At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews.
- If you forget to link up one month it’s not a problem just add your reviews next month.
- If you would like to move up or down levels that is completely fine and at your discretion.
- If you have any questions tweet me @BookishThings or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org!
Bronze – 10 Books
Silver – 25 Books
Gold – 50 Books
Platinum – 75 Books
Diamond – 100 Books
This is my first year in the blogging world so I figure I will settle into the middle and see how it goes! If I want to change anything, I figure I can move up or down the list later?
This challenege is hosted by Austine @ novelknight.
The Beat the Backlist Challenge is focused on knocking off titles that have been on your TBR for a while, or even ones that get pushed aside for new releases. Over the years, and especially this one, I’ve noticed that new releases are getting more and more attention while our TBRs continue to grow. And the polls I’ve seen/hosted have shown that readers also really want backlist title reviews (if that’s an added incentive to read more of them).
This challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st, 2017.
That’s right. You have en ENTIRE YEAR to complete your goal.
Books must be released prior to 2017
(this challenge isn’t for new releases)
Set your reading goal
Pick the books you want to read
This is more about you working toward decreasing your TBR stack alongside a bunch of other readers!
Post updates throughout the year with #beatthebacklist
That’s it! Easy peasy! I need this one to help me with the poor lost and neglected books on my shelf! I plan on reading four a month. I am not 100% sure which ones I want to read yet, but I have plenty to choose from based on my Goodreads shelf!
So there you have it; my challenges and goals for 2017. What are you thinking of doing?